youmail‘s voicemail app continues to fight the Sisyphean battle with android and to a lesser extent with ios.
It would seem Alex, youmail CEO, has abandoned first hand development entirely to newpace. yay?
To avoid teeth gnashing youmail installation on android
- for best results have already installed XPosed framework and XPrivacy
- DISABLE data
- install youmail app
- avoid all “options” to import contacts — some have tricky labels
- youmail will nonetheless install a contacts provider AND youmail sets it to auto sync contacts
- android settings: contacts sync: DISABLE youmail sync settings
- load youmail app. IFF still possible in current iteration youmail app settings: disable contact sync. Newer iterations might complain about lack of internets.
- remember, handset data is still DISABLED. To be sure employ Tasker, Llama, or similar to check for data re-enable then DISABLE. Leave macro active to be SURE data is DISABLED
- Generously apply wishful thinking and enable data, login to youmail app, check sync is still disabled and check android sync settings for youmail contacts provider
- Be leery of “updates” which might re-enable inane defaults
- IFF your android version allows you can remove a sync member after disabling it — then the youmail app will cease to function until you add back the provider.
- NO ESCAPE… unless you have XPrivacy for XPosed framework installed…
IF all went according to YOUR WILL for YOUR DEVICE and YOUR DATA youmail will not have flooded any of YOUR contact databases (local or remote) will hundreds or THOUSANDS of “contacts” generated from missed calls or people you simply don’t want to know or have as contacts.
Otherwise your contacts database is superbly foobared. Hand phone to I.T. or assistant to resolve. Or suffer endless tedium yourself first hand.
Should not the default be NOT to sync? yes!
Paying youmail to torture youself is ludicrous but this is the state of the youmail app well since version 2 late betas.
“best” it guys (or mediocre business guys) better youmail is an excellent alternative but only an option for some:
For those who may use google market consider the business naive BetterYoumail. They refuse to be bothered accepting payments via paypal. Their software “protection” is trivial at best. Hiding away in the google market head-in-sand style is unbusinessy!
The market segment youmail deems an island unto themselves now sees competition for human assisted voice transcription not the least of which are offerings from anveo.com .
perhaps a few whip crackling emails to domain:youmail.com user:freddy, VP of development, or domain:youmail.com user:aquilici , youmail CEO, Alex Quilici (left)?
Paid youmail service (with purchased transcription) does not live up to the hype for [business] users with more than one number per device.
XPrivacy through XPosed allows both spoofing data and returning null for less trusted apps which includes those poorly designed, or as I do default to ZERO SHARE.
MY DATA is MINE
a corollary: my money is mine
saga cio us himself